August 27, 2015

What Erin's been up to this Summer

I can't even believe that August is quickly coming to an end. Summer has whipped past, but August in particular has slipped between my fingers! Oh what a wonderful Summer it has been. One of the best, that's for sure. Here's a little peek at what I've been doing these days away from my computer.
I have been helping my uncle purge and clean his house for the past couple of weeks on and off in preparation for my cousin's wedding which will be on his yard this week! In doing so, I came home with a huge stack of new vinyl from his huge collection. Billie Holiday and this one here are two of my favourites from the bunch.

Brunch on my sister's new porch with my dear old friend Janelle who was visiting from Montreal for a week.

I've had a lot of time to set up my still somewhat new apartment. 

Of course I've managed to get some much needed sun! Our weather has been pretty magical this Summer.

Greenhouses with my love. The man who "doesn't see the point of flowers".

Summer wouldn't be complete without watermelon and rollkuchen! If you're not familiar with this doughy piece of Heaven, you really should be. Deep fried dough with the special sauce, which is two parts brown sugar to one part whipping cream. A-mazing.

On the topic of delicious food, I also ate these unbelievable deep fried pickles. I had the pleasure of going to the Winnipeg Folk Festival for one day, and got to listen to Bahamas, Kurt Vile and Shakey Graves. 

I got a new swimsuit from Asos just in time for a few heatwaves!

No shortage of pool days this year.

Summer wouldn't be complete without picking peas from the garden and shelling them by the pool!

More time spent finding homes for things in my home.

I've had the pleasure of making new friends and breaking in my sunroom. This is my friend Izzy, and she's kind of the best. While we were drinking tiki drinks and listening to the rain, my shelves on the wall came crashing down out of nowhere, breaking all of my new potted plants. 

I put up new shelves in my sunroom a few days later, and re-potted the plants!

Another things I did this Summer was go sailing with Gareth! It was on our list of things to do together, so he signed us up, and away we went! 

Off to Gimli on an overcast day. This was our boat for the day!

Sailing was so much fun! Something I can definitely see us getting more into. I mean why wouldn't I, with a skipper as cute as a button?

Speaking of buttons, I mentioned earlier that I've been helping my uncle, and part of that project was dealing with "his room" which is a room that was filled to the brim with amazing old tins and collectibles, matchbooks and knick knacks galore. I was in Heaven, but I definitely had my work cut out for me trying to organize it all. These were some of my favourite things I came across.

More sunroom time. This was taken a few days when they says were pitch black at noon before we got hit with a monsoon-like storm!

Tiny tea parties have been a constant in my life this Summer as I've been spending time with Gareth's two little girls. It's been pretty incredible getting to know this big part of his life.

Well folks, that's all for now. I'm off to run errands for my cousin's wedding this weekend! We have the rehearsal dinner tonight, and relatives are flying in as we speak! Time to get this party started!
Xo, Erin

5 comments:

  1. hope your cousins wedding is magical x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girls! I hope you are both doing great, I can wait to read a new post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that swimsuit you got from Asos! You look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice. I am thinking to visit New York in summers for around a month. I am music lover so would love to attend music events. Looking for upcoming music events at different party venues so I can explore the city too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see you finding love again! Time to change your FAQ's!

    ReplyDelete